Monday, July 04, 2016

Book: Rafa: My Story


“Enduring means accepting. Accepting things as they are and not as you would wish them to be, and then looking ahead, not behind.”

As a girl who bought a tennis racquet just because of that one semester, this book open my eyes about this sport. Now to make it clear, I'm not a sport fan. During high school, I used to get hooked on Formula 1. It was the year when Lewis Hamilton was the new guy. Being an avid supporter of Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen that time though. HAHAHA.

So last week, tennis was kinda my lost and found treasure. Tak sure how but I was searching for Federer then macam teringat another guy who is Nadal. And that's how the story went from US Open, Wimbledon lah macam-macam. The thing about me is I don't like sport because I can't take the pressure of tension for the players to finish. Macam too much to handle lah. It explained why I watched past matches only cause I knew siapa yang menang. 

Then, I found out that Nadal has a book through one of his matches in youtube. It was the classic Wimbledon 2008 between him and Federer. People said it was one of the best matches in history. Trust me, it is. Nadal told more about the match in his book. His preparations, what he felt before and during. A little about his childhood. It's fascinating to know how strong his mental are. This amazed me sangat. He had this pre-ritual and routine things he does for every matches. Kelakar jugak lah tapi from that book he said it's not superstitious because if it's true than how come he always does that despite it's a win or lose match. TRUE! 

I learned that, to be successful like him you can't expect only talent. He said Federer is a guy who was born to play tennis unlike him. He practices everyday even though he's on vacation. Not to forget his humbleness. So dah tahulah kenapa setiap kali habis tournaments despite dia kalah ke menang, Nadal mesti akan puji pihak lawan dia (if they deserves it). Sebab ayah dia ajar daripada kecil tak kisah memang or kalah you have to praise and say good things about them.

I would say this was a good book if you're a fan of him. Well I do. Paling best tengok dia lawan during Roland Garros. That's why he is the King of Clay. He literally macam clay-skating kot atas tu.

p/s: "However great your dedication, you never win anything on your own."


No comments:

27 on 23rd

I have the best colleague in the world, envy me please 27 on 23rd Thank you from the bottom of my heart Didn't really understand ...