Friday, June 03, 2016

Book: Me Before You

 Yes, I read ebook because I can't afford another book shopping!


“Live boldly. Push yourself. Don't settle.”

Indeed, I'm in book marathon. The next book I decided on was Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.

[Spoiler Alert]
I first watched the trailer. Yes, it's not a new book, published back in 2012. And yes, it's now turned into a movie. Starring by Sam Claflin and Emilia Clarke.

Watched the trailer. Okay, it seemed like a sad romance movie.
Read the book halfway. This is hilarious and sad at the same time, huh.
Re-watched the trailer. Teary-eyed.
Finish the book. Crying and sobbing myself, WTH.

Me Before You is about Will Traynor who seem to me like a guy who believes that life should be about doing a lot of things, not just accepting it. You have to change things. That's what I interpreted from his characters. Then, he was in accident, became quadriplegic where everything below his chest were paralyzed. Yes, he can't recover. He gave his parents 6 months until he chose to end his life with his own way by going to Dignitas (assisted dying organisation).

I pretty much relate myself with Louisa Clark. She was a very happy person. Look at the way she dressed herself. Lots of colors. That is how I live my life. I like wearing colorful clothes because I do believe it affects your mood. In some way, attention is what I seek for.

Well, my classmates know me and colors are inseparable.

Lou said she's happy with the way she is at the moment. She's very ordinary. Same goes to me. I hate changes. I just want to go through the same things, maybe a few changes. Despite I want to try and explore more things deep down inside of me, I know, they are difficult for some reasons.

I find myself get comfortable with ordinary things. Where they don't get much attention from others. Guess that is why I divert them to my choice of clothing.

The ending of the book, I would say it was unexpected. I thought Will would change his mind. I really do. Even on the last page, I was hoping there would be some sort of twist. If someone saw me when I read the book towards the ending, they must've thought I was out of my mind. Sobbing. Crying. Runny nose. The story changed my view on people like Will.

p/s: I'm not sure how I can watch the movie without crying. Well, watching it alone!

No comments:

27 on 23rd

I have the best colleague in the world, envy me please 27 on 23rd Thank you from the bottom of my heart Didn't really understand ...